) This role-play is based on a fictional boarding school: Winston. The teens are aged from 15-17. Though original characters are accepted (in reasonable limits,) we prefer you choose one of our pre-made characters…which are updated frequently.
2) Please refrain from one-liner entries or asterisks or teenie talk. Teenie talk includes alternate caps, or substituting symbols for letters. You'll be warned if you start a habit of it. Please have a few sentences in your entries (at least.) Describe scenes that took place, the setting, your characters mood, etc. OOC chat can be one-liners. SPAM OF ANY TYPE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED you’ll be warned for "accidental" spam.
3) Activity is monitored and cuts will be made. In-activity after two weeks will not be tolerated. After being cut, you're character will be in "pending" process. You'll have 3 days to return and say you'd like to pick up your character. After that, the character will be handed over to someone else. PLEASE remind me when you won't be active, and for long-term (a month or more) a replacement will take over the spot. If your character is vital in a plot-line(s), they will be replaced immediately.
4) We ask that when applying, you have a first entry up. This way we can tell if the character suits you well, or if you're right for this RP entirely. The mods have the right to reject your application. I won't be nit-picky about flaws, or occasional spelling errors. If you're entry is a one liner or not well put together then we'll reject you and try to give comments.
5) Drama is always fun, and we’ll try not to limit you. However, we’d appreciate it if there aren’t 27 babies floating around; that’s not realistic.
6) Make sure your username corresponds with your character. It doesn’t necessarily have to be the characters name (example: if your character is artsy it can be, “uniqueartist” or something.)
7) Make an AIM screename. I’m sorry to say, but it’s mandatory here. A majority of role-play happens via AIM IMs and chat rooms. If you need a moderator to make your screename for you, that’s perfectly OK. Computer problems happen to the best of computers. It’s cool. Don’t hesitate to ask. ENABLE CHATS ON YOUR AIM. IF YOU LINK SCREENAMES ASK A MOD. TO TELL YOU WHEN A CHAT IS GOING ON SO YOU CAN MAKE THAT SCREENAME YOUR “DEFAULT”.
8) IC (in character) and OOC (out side of character) conflicts are to be kept separate. Generally speaking, just because you have a problem with the role-player doesn’t mean your character does and vice versa. If problems persist, PM a mod and we’ll all opt for a way out of this.
8) Make a general disclaimer saying you’re not who you’re pretending to be. State that it’s all fake. If you can’t think of one, use our provided one: “No, I am not INSERT CHARACTER HERE or INSERT PLAYED-BY’S NAME HERE. I am merely a participant in a role-playing game. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused you.” To verify you have read the user info next to read the rules: put "She did what with who? That taco went where?!?!" there =P
9) After you are accepted join the community. mod updates will be locked.
10) Have fun!